Youth Leaders in HIV is looking for Chicago students age 14-19, May 2022-April 2023, 5-10 hours per month. Apply by March 14 at bit.ly/YLHYouth.
The program will convene a cohort of 10 Chicago youth leaders ages 14-19 who will learn about HIV and help conduct targeted sexual health education and outreach HIV testing and linkage services. These leaders will support adolescent medicine community programming to ensure that it’s youth-led and effectively meets the needs of Chicago’s young people. The cohort of youth leaders will focus on HIV prevention resources in Chicago and will learn about mental wellness strategies for themselves and their communities.
We are looking for youth who are:
- Chicago youth ages 14-19
- Young people primarily (but not exclusively) on the South & West Sides of Chicago who are BIPOC and/or LGBTQ+
- Interested in HIV, sexual health education and/or medicine
- Able to devote at least 5-10 hours per month to the project
All youth leaders will have the opportunity to:
- Make at least $1,800 per calendar year
- Attend and present at conferences
- Receive HIV screening training
- Focus on mental health including learning and developing wellness strategies
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Be provided with technology (devices and hot spot as needed), food, transportation, and additional resources/materials