Open to youth ages 14 to 24, chosen participants will receive a stipend for July 2018-July 2019 work period
Engaging Communities around HIV Organizing (ECHO) is a year-long organizing project for HIV positive young people ages 14 to 24 who are working to end HIV stigma and HIV criminalization on local, state and national level. Using a social justice framework, ECHO seeks to shift culture and policy by elevating the voices of young people living with HIV. ECHO leaders works to increase the inclusion of young people living with HIV in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of Reproductive Justice related programming and policies, especially on issues of LGBTQ health and rights, immigrant rights, and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Applications are due by June 15 but interviews and acceptance is open now on a rolling basis.
Members of ECHO are HIV positive youth leaders under age 24 and are actively and/or want to be involved with HIV advocacy and organizing.
Members will receive two stipends throughout the organizing year.
The time commitment for ECHO is for a one-year period. July 2018 – July 2019.
ECHO leaders will receive training on digital and community organizing, storytelling, event planning, information, and tools on mobilization.
ECHO leaders will engage in the following activities:
- Attend Urban Retreat from September 20 to September 24 in Washington, D.C. (Full scholarships to cover all costs will be provided to all ECHO members.)
- Learning, organizing, and mobilizing around HIV-related issues such as eliminating stigma and decriminalization
- Organizing a campaign, events, or actions that promote change at your school and/or community
- Participating in Advocates for Youth’s national campaigns and National Days that observe HIV/AIDS.
- Be based in the U.S.
- Available to attend and fully participate in the Urban Retreat on September 20—24
- Identify as HIV positive
- Commitment to organizing a campaigns, events and actions that challenge HIV stigma and shift policy and/or culture in your community
**As a member of ECHO, your information, specifically your photo, will be featured on our website. If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to email Louie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the application at https://advocatesforyouth.wufoo.com/forms/q8ztbaz040yfbt/