Date(s) - 04/16/2015 - 04/17/2015
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Oak Forest Health Center
All individuals who have direct contact and conduct partner services (PS): elicitation or notification, with HIV positive individuals.
To increase the capacity of PS staff to effectively engage HIV positive Black, Latino, Men who have sex with men (BLMSM) and Trans people.
This 2 day workshop is funded by the CDC through a Category C Demonstration Grant. Upon the completion of the training you will:
• Increase awareness of micro-aggressions and how they impact service accessibility.
• Increase understanding of how different life experiences and culture may cause provider and client to perceive
the same situations very differently.
• Identify four levels of cultural awareness.
• Identify four components of cultural competence.
• Name at least three health inequities that disproportionately impact BLMSM or TSM.
• Identify four strategies to engage sexual and cultural minorities into HIV services.
Register at: https://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventId=1697635