Date(s) - 06/16/2021 - 06/17/2021
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
PrEPing to Get to Zero
Wednesday, June 16th and Thursday, June 17th, 2021
9:00 A.M.– 1:00 P.M. Central
Intended Audience: HIV Prevention Staff and Managers who work with PrEP-eligible clients from Health Departments, Clinics, and CBOs in both rural and metropolitan Illinois.
1. Acquire knowledge of latest PrEP medications and access.
2. Develop skills for working with clients with various perceptions about PrEP.
3. Develop skills for connecting client’s to appropriate care and payment assistance options based on their insurance status.
4. Develop skills for following up with clients and ensuring ongoing retention in services.
5. Learn skills to tailor PrEP messaging to a variety of clients.
Pre-Event Skills Building: We recommend that all attendees complete PrEP Navigation Training via PleasePrEPMe.Org. This is a free training that will bring attendees up to speed on PrEP and PrEP navigation basics.
Accessing the Presentation: Online registration is required. After you register, you will receive an email confirmation with the link to the session presentation webpage. For questions, or If you do not receive an email confirmation after registering, please email email@example.com.
Continuing Education Information
Nurses & Nurse Practitioners, Social Workers, or other professionals (Universal Credits) and Substance Abuse professionals: To be announced.
Disclaimer: This program is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $3,139,511.00 with 0 percentage financed with nongovernmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
Midwest AIDS Training + Education Center, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago, Dept. of Family Medicine | 1919 W. Taylor Street, 8th Floor, Chicago, IL 60612