Date(s) - 11/18/2015
This Sister to Sister Training of Facilitators (TOF) is an 8-hour one-day training session. It is geared towards enhancing the existing knowledge, skills, and confidence of nurses and other health care providers to deliver Sister to Sister, an effective HIV risk-reduction curriculum for women, in clinical settings. The Sister to Sister intervention is a brief (20-minute), one-on-one, skill-based HIV/sexually transmitted disease (STD) risk-reduction behavioral intervention for sexually active African American women 18 to 45 years old that is delivered during the course of a routine medical visit.
This training is intended for individuals who will be responsible for conducting the Sister to Sister sessions with clients. The facilitators should be health care providers (e.g. a nurse, health educator, social worker, etc.). Staff who will have a direct role in implementing Sister to Sister, such as the direct supervisors of the Sister to Sister facilitators, may attend the training.
There are no pre-requisites for attending the training, but please note all participants MUST be from a health care setting or clinic.
1. To increase your awareness and understanding of Sister to Sister
2. To increase your knowledge and comfort with the components of the curriculum
3. To identify the characteristics of an effective facilitator
4. To build your skills and confidence to facilitate the curriculum
5. Wrap-up, evaluation, next steps, and answer questions