The HIV League Scholarship — the only national scholarship for students living with HIV — is accepting applications for the 2022 round until January 31 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
Here are the criteria for an individual to apply for the HIV League Scholarship:
- You are living with HIV/AIDS.
- You will be enrolled in an institution of higher education as a full-time or part-time student for at least one year beginning with the fall 2022 semester.
- You are going to an institution of higher education in the United States or a United States territory. American citizenship is not a requirement.
The different types of scholarships available are:
- Two-year $7,000 scholarship for a full-time student
- One-year $3,500 scholarship for a full-time student
- One-year $1,500 scholarship for a part-time student
At the very least, $10,000 of the scholarship monies will be given to trans-identifying students with HIV who are Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC). The Trans BIPOC HIV League Scholarship is a part of the regular HIV League Scholarship application, so just follow the regular application link if you are applying for this scholarship option.
Please find all of the materials you will need to apply at www.hivleague.org, www.hivleague.org/scholarship, or at the application link HERE. Finally, feel free to view this WEBINAR to help guide you through the application process. This is highly suggested for you to view before applying.