IDPH to Switch MAP/ADAP Dispensing Pharmacies from CVS to Walgreens on Dec. 1
Effective Dec. 1, 2021, the Illinois Department of Public Health will switch dispensing pharmacies on the Ryan White Medication Assistance Program (MAP/ADAP) from CVS to Walgreens. The new Illinois MAP/ADAP pharmacy network will increase your access to prescription dispensing services throughout Illinois. Walgreens pharmacy is committed to ensuring that you will continue to receive the highest in quality prescription services. You will now have the added option of picking up prescriptions at the pharmacy, or if preferred, may continue receiving them in the mail.
If you have prescriptions due to be refilled from CVS during November, make sure to refill them on time before the end of November to avoid disruption to your treatment.
Illinois Department of Public Health Medication Assistance Program Helpline: 1-800-825-3518
IDPH Announces ADAP MAP and PAP Extension and Reapplication Information
ADAP Medication Assistance Program (MAP) or the Premium Assistance Program (PAP) clients due to reapply for these programs in January 2021 will receive a six-month extension due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Illinois Department of Public Health Department announced. Clients receiving the six-month extension in January 2021 will receive this letter from IDPH.
Clients with reapplication dates of February 2021 and later should plan to complete a full eligibility assessment after Jan. 1, 2021.
The ADAP Medication Assistance Program (MAP) provides many drugs on its formulary, including most anti-retroviral therapies approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This benefit is sufficient to support triple and quadruple combination therapies. These drug combinations have been successful in treating persons with HIV infection, including opportunistic infections frequently associated with HIV; have resulted in drug treatment adherence; and have helped to dramatically prolong the lives of people living with HIV.
Who is eligible for ADAP-MAP?
Individuals must meet all of the following requirements:
- Diagnosed with HIV or AIDS and supply viral load laboratory results not older than 6 months prior to enrollment.
- Currently live in Illinois and have a legal home address (domicile) in Illinois.
- Have anticipated gross annual income at or below 500 percent of the federal poverty level for household size. To view the current income levels click here.
- Verification of third party payer sources, such as Medicaid, Medicare or other commercial/employer based insurance if appropriate.
- In addition, the ADAP-MAP enrollee’s health insurance company must participate with the ADAP-MAP-contracted pharmacy for dispensing and billing purposes.
ADAP Medication Assistance Program (MAP)/ CHIC Premium Assistance Program (PAP) hotline: